Answered By: Kristi Smith
Last Updated: Feb 13, 2017     Views: 20

If the library doesn't have the book or journal article you need, we can request it from another library through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).  For more information, check out the Interlibrary Loan page on the library's website.

Before submitting your request, double check to make sure the library doesn't have it.

  • For books, check the catalog to see if it's available from Huie library at HSU. (Students, faculty, and staff may check out books from Huie library; just make sure you have your ID card when you cross the ravine.)
  • For articles, see if it's available in another database using Journal Finder.  (Search for the journal by name; you should get a list of databases containing that title and/or a catalog record if we subscribe to it in print, along with the dates available for each format.)

If you have questions or need help, feel free to contact us or take advantage of our online reference services.